Join us for another great meeting!
The primary target audience of the 2017 Metcalf/AANA Arthroscopic Surgery Meeting is orthopaedic surgeons who desire to improve their arthroscopic knowledge and skill.
Statement of Need
The 2017 Metcalf/AANA Arthroscopic Surgery Meeting is designed to enhance knowledge of diagnosis and treatment alternatives relevant to the entire array of arthroscopic practice. The program focuses upon surgical methods and technical pearls, which translates into improved operative performance and better patient outcomes.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Arthroscopy Association of North America and Orthopaedic Surgery Seminars, Inc. The Arthroscopy Association of North America is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit Designation
The Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA) designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 26.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Examine and apply basic scientific information and technical skills in arthroscopic shoulder surgery.
- Define best treatment strategies for biceps and SLAP tear pathology, as well as the technical aspects to repair.
- Define the indications for conservative vs. operative repair and to describe and define the role of ligament reconstruction and osteotomy in the unstable patellofemoral joint
Book your hotel reservation at the Cliff Lodge EARLY! Rooms will sell out.
Room Block ends January 10, 2017
3,240 vertical feet of award-winning terrain enjoyed by all skill levels of skiers and riders.
Snowbird boasts Utah’s longest ski season and annually averages 500″.
Snowbird Cliff Lodge where
Metcalf/AANA 2017 meeting
will take place
Introducing Snowbird’s ultimate
mountain top guest oasis
“…The best course I have ever been to…”
“…I have never seen a better combination of fun and learning in 20 years of coming to
“…Burks really outdid himself with the program and case discussions…”
Jeffery S. Abrams, MD
Annunziato Amendola, MD
Stephen K. Aoki, MD
Robert A. Arciero, MD
Robert H. Bell, MD
Jack M. Bert, MD
James P. Bradley, MD
William D. Bugbee, MD
Stephen S. Burkhart, MD
Robert T. Burks, MD-Chairman
Brian J. Cole, MD
Julia R. Crim, MD
David H. DeJour, MD
Michael H. Dienst, MD
Jason L. Dragoo, MD
Greg C. Fanelli, MD
Donald C. Fithian, MD
Patrick E. Greis, MD
Darren L. Johnson, MD
Laurent Lafosse, MD
Robert F. LaPrade, MD
Travis G. Maak, MD
Kevin D. Plancher, MD
Matthew T. Provencher, MD
Richard K.N. Ryu, MD
Felix H. “Buddy” Savoie, MD
Nicholas A. Sgaglione, MD
K. Donald Shelbourne, MD
Stephen J. Snyder, MD
Jeffrey S. Swenson, MD
Robert Z. Tashjian, MD
John M. “JT” Tokish, MD-Co-Chairman
Kevin E. Wilk, PT, DPT, FAPTA
- Cost efficient rotator cuff repair
- Biologics and their use in rotator cuff repair
- Superior capsule reconstruction – hope or help?
- A-C reconstruction and avoiding complications
- Nerves around the shoulder and how to be safe
- Operative and non operative management of the scapula
- Biceps tenodesis – facts and myths
- Determine appropriateness of arthroscopic Bankart repair
- Latarjet – approaches, complications, bail outs
- Posterior instability and best management
- Patella instability: acute, chronic, proximal, distal, trochleoplasty
- Complex meniscal repair and also root tears
- Practical articular cartilage management including non operative approaches
- PRP, Stem Cells, and secret sauces
- Osteotomies around the knee
- ACL – grafts, tunnels, bundles, all clarified
- The A.L.L. – fact, myth, help, waste of time?
- Arthrofibrosis and optimal management
- Physical exam of the complex knee
- Management of multi-ligament injuries including kids
- Optimal medial or lateral sided knee injury management
- PCL reconstruction – approaches, tunnels, grafts, results
- Newest changes in business management of your practice in 2017